Thursday, March 12, 2015

Extended Metaphor Poem


Homework Procrastination

Inspired by "A Road Not Taken"


I had two options:
Procrastinate or just do my homework
I was feeling really tired and uninterested
Actually doing my homework sounded like so much work
I’ll just not do it

However not doing it will make it look like I’m a slacker
If I don’t do it
I would have to rush and be pressured the next morning into doing it
Or I would get in trouble because I probably would not have finished it
What’s the big deal anyway if I don’t do it?
I’ll just not do it
It’s only one little assignment right?

However if I did do my homework
I would have to do all of this boring work
About stuff I don’t even care about
Then again, I wouldn’t get in trouble
I would have a better grade
And I would feel completely stress free

I finally decided to do my homework
I didn’t get in trouble
My grade was better
And it felt like the weight was lifted off my shoulders                         
Now I have to study
But maybe I’ll just watch TV instead



1 comment:

  1. I really liked your poem. I like how you made it seem like there was two voices in your head. I also like the end of it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete