Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Summer Reading #2


We Were Liars

By E. Lockhart Pages #136-225

Prompt: 

Do you like what you’re reading? Why or why not?

(Spoilers)


        I liked what I read, but the ending I thought was just awful. I like the beginning because it doesn't start off too slow or too fast. There was a map of the island and a family tree of the Sinclair family. It was very interesting from the start. The author did a good job of pulling me into the story. The beginning made me think and question if she would ever figure out what would happen. 

        The middle was good because it seemed she was so close to figuring it all out and one thing lead to another and the plot shifted. However it still revolved around her figuring out her amnesia and what happened Summer fifteen. The middle seemed to be more about her and Gat. She figured out she loved him. Even though being with him or any of the Liars didn't feel the same since that last summer.

        The ending was just so surprising and in your face it makes you question the entire book. Personally, I didn't like how (spoiler) the Liars were just visions or weird ghosts the entire summer she was trying to figure everything out. I just didn't like the fact that they died and the whole time they weren't actually there. However, now that I think about it, it was kind of obvious. The ending just made me so frustrated because they seemed so real. Other than the ending I did like the book. The just ruined it for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment