Thursday, October 29, 2015

1st Quarter Reflections

In this first quarter I have already learned a lot. I definitely still have stuff to work on. However, this quarter set me back on track. I am about four books in on my 40 book challenge (counting the ones for the summer reading project). My blogs on them are okay but I think I can do better. I just need to find the right format again. 

Some strategies that benefited me this quarter were time management and focusing on my work. Of course I still need to work on things like procrastinating and other things like that. However, I think time management helped me get things done. I should also put a little more effort into my work, the procrastinating side of me doesn't help with that unfortunately. I know what goals I need to set for the next quarter.

I feel this quarter I have learned a fair amount of information about the world. I learned about the refugees in Syria and places like that. I learned about their struggles and how no one should have to go through all that. I learned some moral lessons from Of Beetles and Angels. I learned to treat everyone with kindness no matter what they look like. I have a better sense of what is going on in the world now.

After this quarter I definitely think that my research skills have improved. I think this because I found a lot of good resources and information for my banned books project. That project helped get back on track. While we were reading "The Cask of Amontillado" I looked up every word I didn't know, I wouldn't have done that at all last year. I can also annotate better because of our AOWs and other things we've done. 

Overall, this quarter was very productive. I am organized and ready for the rest of the school year. I'm improved in my research skills and have more knowledge about the world. Of course I still need to work on things such as procrastination. The quarter was a good set off into the rest of the school year. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment