Thursday, December 17, 2015

To Kill A Mockingbird Final Thoughts


After reading To Kill A Mockingbird, I felt like a different person. The themes in this book made me realize things that I've never noticed before. I look at everything differently now. I am completely obsessed with Scout and Atticus, Scout reminds me of me when I was her age and Atticus reminds me of my dad surprisingly. This book was just amazing.

I especially love the way it was written. After our class discussions, I realized writing this book must have taken so much though and time. It was worth it however, Harper Lee created a masterpiece. There was so much symbolism and foreshadowing, it must have been so complicated to write. I wonder how she thought of this story. Her writing style makes me want to read the second book.

I think my most favorite thing in the book is when Scout sees things from Boo's pint of view. The whole "standing in someone else's shoes" theme is a great life lesson. It literally puts things into perspective. However, I just how that part was written. I could picture all of the events happening from his porch. It made me sad, when I knew I was about to finish this book, it felt like I was losing a friend. Like I said I am in love with this book.
  
       
  

No comments:

Post a Comment