Monday, November 17, 2014

Blog for the week of 11/17/14

Eggs By Jerry Spinelli

Pages #106-143

Prompt:What surprises you in this story? Explain why.


        One thing that surprises me is that Primrose hates her mother. She really hates her. I understand that her mother is a little weird but she is too. However they are weird in different ways. It just surprises how much she hates her, like everything about her mom she hates! I just don't understand it. I feel that Primrose is more the mother not the daughter. For example she sees reality more than her mother. Also her mother is always taking her things, it usually in reverse. I just thinks it crazy how much Primrose hates her!

        Another thing that surprises me is that David won't talk to his Grandmother. If my mother died I would talk to my Grandmother. I can understand a little bit why he doesn't want to talk to her because he misses his mother so much and doesn't want anyone to replace her. I would think after a while he would stop ignoring her, but he hasn't. I think its sad and surprising. 

        What is also surprising is how David's dad is never home. I know that he has to go to places for his job, but he left his son with his dead mom all alone basically. I would think ever since his mom died his dad would be there for him. I think it is also surprising because he hasn't seemed to be home for the entire part of the book that I have been reading. It said he was home every once and a while but he hasn't come back in like months! 


2 comments:

  1. Nice job, I think I actually want to read the book now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those things look pretty surprising to me, makes me want to read the book.

    ReplyDelete