Friday, January 9, 2015

Blog for the week of 1/5/15


Life Adventures

When is the last time you did something for the first time?


             The last time I did something for the first time was yesterday (Jan. 8). It was the first time I danced in pointe shoes. I bought them a week before this week. My mom sewed them yesterday and right after that I danced in them. They felt very different and more comfortable than my old demi-pointe shoes which is basically the same thing except without the shank. It still does hurt a little but thats just because they aren't broken in yet. It was harder the balance in them too. I had to hold onto the bar every time we had to balance.

             I think the best part about them was buying them. It was more fun buying them than actually dancing in them. I got to try on all these different shoes, toe pads, etc. The lady who was helping me buy them was nice and really funny. However I was at the store for a very long time and my mom was getting impatient. Luckily I found the perfect pair shortly after that. Finding the right pair was the best part. When I went all the way up on my toes, it felt better than all the other pairs. I was so happy! After that we purchased them and finally went home.

1 comment:

  1. How long have you been dancing for Lilly? Where did you end up buying the shoes?

    ReplyDelete