Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Blog for the Week of 1/26/15


Maniac Magee By Jerry Spinelli

Pages #103-184

Prompt: Select a quote from your reading that you liked. What made you pick it? How does it make you pause and think

(Contains Spoilers)


   "He knew that finally, truly, at long last, someone was calling him home." I picked this because after years of searching and rejection Maniac finally found a home. This just made me happy. I wonder how happy he was, or even if he was happy. Thinking about it this could be the end of his adventures. He has finally settled down after all that running. Actually its a little depressing now, its like the end of his main story. Which could explain why he was silent when Amanda Beale was forcing him to stay with her at her house.

   "Nobody knows who said it first, but somebody must have: 'Kid's gotta be a maniac." I chose this one because it was the beginning of his legend. It created his title "Maniac Magee". It showed me it was the start of his story. I just loved how the author did this, it made me really excited about what I 
was going to read. 

“Amanda took the torn page from Maniac. To her, it was the broken wing of a bird, a pet out in the rain.” I picked this because I really like how the author described how she felt. It showed how much Amanda cared about her books. This quote made me feel bad for her and I could really feel how sad she was. It made me think about something that I cared about but then it just breaks or becomes ruined and it made me upset. It was just a powerful quote.




    
     

1 comment:

  1. Lilly - Unique prompt...I like it! Make sure you use quotes not asterisks when writing a quote. Also, when you explain yourself try and give a more thorough explanation, so we know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete