Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Blog for the Week of 1/20/15


Maniac Magee By Jerry Spinelli

Pages #50-103

Prompt: Draw 4 objects that represent your reading. Write a sentence for each, telling what each item says about what you’ve been reading.







    The first image is a knot. I  chose this because of Cobble's knot. Mr. Cobble who owns a grocery store/restaurant has a knot that is just impossible to untie. Everyone knows about it, and lots of people attempt to untie it. The book describes it as big as a volleyball and it is so old you can barely see individual strands of the string. However, Magee did the impossible, he untied it! I think this was a very important event because the winner gets free pizza for a year. 

    The image of the pizza represents how he is allergic to pizza. Maniac is probably the only kid in the world who is allergic to pizza. They noticed it when him and the Beale's had pizza for dinner. He developed red spots all over him (kind of like pepperoni). I have no idea what he is going to do with the free pizza for a year thing, he can't even eat it. I think its a waste.

    The last two images are butterscotch krimpets and a mars bar. I chose the butterscotch krimpets they are Maniac's favorite food. He would do almost anything for them. I also chose the mars bar because of the character's who's nickname is "Mars Bar" because he is always eating them. When Maniac first came to the town of Two Mills Mars Bar offered a piece of his bar to Maniac as a challenge. Maniac just took a bite right where Mars did and that has made him angry ever since.       

7 comments:

  1. I find it really funny that he is allergic to pizza. This makes me really want to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading this book back in 5th grade, the pictures explained the book pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book before! I loved it! Hope you do too! I like the content of you blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really good book and I enjoyed it and I think you will to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how the pictures have me a really good description of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great blog! I remember reading this book. I really liked how you described how Magee did the impossible and untied the knot. I also like how you the pictures you put. They really tie into the book.

    ReplyDelete