Thursday, April 21, 2016

Tuesdays With Morrie

         This book seems like it is going to be a favorite. I love books that make you think like this one does. The story really makes you look into your own life and reevaluate it. I'm definitely going to apply some lessons in this book to my own life. However, as cheerful as Morrie is, the book always leaves me in a weird mood. It leaves me like something or someone very important has left my life until I continue reading it again. I like that feeling only because I get it from a book. This book also taught me that time is limited, the best time to live is right now. So, I'm starting to try to do that.

           Morrie makes me realize that it is extremely important to live as much as possible. There's no time for dwelling on the past and being unhappy. He explains this through his interview and his aphorisms. He also taught me that our culture today is not helping us live, it's putting us down and making us feel bad about ourselves. I am starting to apply this to my own life as well. I'm not comparing myself to rich people with no talent, I'm not putting myself down because I'm not like them. This makes me really excited to see what other aphorisms can help me improve my life.

Bucket List

Go to college
Live in California
Go skydiving 
Go shark cage diving
Go scuba diving
Go bungee jumping 
Go white water rafting 
Go hang gliding
Go zip lining
Go cliff diving 
Go to as many concerts as possible 
Travel as much as possible
Have a career that I enjoy
Try things I might not be comfortable with
Go on countless adventures
Take pictures to remember the adventures 
Go ghost hunting
Go to coachella
Float in the Dead Sea
Celebrate Holi in India
Be the best person I can be
Try new things
Take risks
Be happy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment