Friday, October 17, 2014

1st Quarter Reflections



1st Quarter Reflections



                In this 1st quarter I learned a lot of things. I learned how to annotate, write a proper paragraph, have an essential question and lots of other things. However, the biggest thing I learned was to have better research. I feel in this quarter my research skills have definitely improved. I feel that when I do research I now feel I know exactly what I'm looking for. Before I always felt a little lost and unsure. I felt like I didn't get all the information I needed. The AOW's and annotating and EQ have really helped me. Even though they are a little hard and dreadful, they helped a lot. 


                Also in this quarter I learned how to be a better reader. I can understand a story a lot easier now. In this quarter we read a short story titled "The Necklace". In that lesson we learned direct and indirect characterization, plot, conflict, sequences of a story, symbols, etc. This made me think more about character development and setting and everything we learned every time I read. I think that is a good thing because now I can fully understand the story I'm reading. 


               This was a good quarter. I can feel that the next quarter is going to be a lot harder. However, I also think it will be better because I will learn more. I will be more challenged, which will be hard but in the end I will have learned valuable lessons. I think 2nd quarter is going to be great!


No comments:

Post a Comment