Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Blog for the week of 10/20/14




Cut by Patricia McCormick

Pages #1-49

Prompt: Do you like what you are reading? Why or why not?



         I like what I'm reading. However, I would like it to move a bit faster. Right now it is just Callie (the main character) describing life in Sea Pines. I feel like it is moving pretty slow, but I am learning more about the other characters in the story. She is also describing how life is and the rules and stuff for her. I do like it I just would like it to move a bit faster. 

       I also like it because I can easily understand how she looks at things and how she thinks. Callie thinks a little like me in a way (but I don't cut). She notices things that other people don't. But that distracts her. She doesn't talk either. I wish she did, I think the book would be a little better if she did.


       Another thing I like is in the beginning I like how she sort of explains what the other characters problems are. She described the people in her group, the people who work at Sea Pines, and her family. She also describes what the building looks like on the inside. You can see how the setting affects the characters, both mentally and physically. In the book it says one of the rooms feels like it 100 degrees because the window isn't open. So, it affects all the characters.


2 comments:

  1. Lillian, I really want to read this book. I have it on my to-read list on Goodreads. I didn't know that the main character didn't talk. I wonder when she will start talking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you described that you want the story to move a little faster. I look forward to seeing more of your blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete