Sunday, May 22, 2016

End of Year Reflection Blog


1- What are the three most important things you learned this year?

     I learned several important this year, however the three most important things I learned were procrastination makes you more stressed than actually doing what you need to do, do your work and actually try (you might surprise yourself with what you can accomplish), and don't fall behind catching will be torture. I've actually learned these things over the past two years, but really figured these lessons out this year. 

2- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?

     I will definitely remember reading To Kill A Mockingbird and reading Tuesdays With Morrie. I will remember reading these novels because I enjoyed them, and they taught me valuable lessons. Lessons such as trying to see things from other points of view, life is unfair but you can still enjoy it, death isn't something you should be scared of, etc. The things I've learned from reading the books will stay with me forever.

3- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?

    The nicest thing someone did for me was when Mrs. Larson gave me the To Kill A Mockingbird movie. I missed seeing the movie and the book vs movie blog was due. She gave me her personal copy of the movie so I could be caught up. Even though she could have just told me to go to the library or find it online she actually just gave it to me, I thought it was very nice of her.

4- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?

    I'm not really sure if taught my classmates or teacher this year. If I did I probably taught them something about my Butterfly project and other things like that. It might have not stuck with them however. I might've even unintentionally taught my teacher or classmates something though. I wish I knew if I did or didn't.

5- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?

   I definitely made my biggest improvements in my writing. We did lots of writing this year and the practice must have really helped. Obviously there is still room for improvement, but I'm proud of how far I've come from the beginning of the year. I'm extremely proud of my argumentative essay against animal testing, and my "Night book vs Life is Beautiful film blog". I worked very hard on those two pieces, I'm very proud of how they turned out.

6- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?

    The most challenging part of this year was our To Kill A Mockingbird unit. There was a lot of things you needed to do like the chapter chart, annotations, and answering the questions after each chapter. On top of that we still had our weekly blog, AOW, and vocab tests. I was also absent so I had to catch up with all that too. It was a rough time, but I still enjoyed the book.

7- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?

     Like I said the best pieces of writing I did this year was my argumentative essay against animal testing, and my "Night book vs Life is Beautiful film blog". I can't decide which one is better because I worked equally as hard on them. They were my best because I used bigger vocabulary, I worked on them for a while, and I put lots into them. I'm very proud of how they turned out.

8- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?

    Honestly, Tuesdays With Morrie was my favorite book this year. However I still do love To Kill A Mockingbird. Tuesdays With Morrie was my favorite because it had so many great life lessons that I will remember. I also enjoyed it more because it was a beautiful true story. 

9- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?

      My advice to next year's class is work hard, do your homework, and don't get left behind. If you do these things your year will not be torture. If you don't do things try your hardest to get back on this track. I used to not do these things and this class was extremely difficult and it was very hard to do these things. If you start off in the right direction, this class will be much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment