Thursday, May 5, 2016

Socratic Seminar Reflection

These past four Socratic seminars have really made me realize that Tuesdays With Morrie was really deep and metaphorical. The aphorisms became more intense or deeper because of these conversations. We went more in depth with his point of view of life. His way of thinking shows me that in order to be a good person you just need to be loving, compassionate, caring, forgiving, and follow the right things. 

              Trends I noticed with myself during the seminars were that I would only speak once or twice, but I was really listening. My goals didn't necessarily help me, expect the last seminar was slightly more successful for me. I guess as we kept doing them, I became more comfortable with the idea. Even though I didn't contribute as much as I should have, I really understood the other points my classmates were making. They really helped me with finding a deeper meaning of the book.

               Some trends I noticed in the seminars were that we changed topics very quickly and people kept interrupting each other. Even though we did those things, we were still able to have in depth conversations about the book or similar topics. I also noticed towards the last two seminars we didn't necessarily feel the need to talk about the book. We talked about related topics. We were having one big, real conversation which is really what a socratic seminar is about. All in all, the seminars were successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment