Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Blog for the Week of 2/16/15


Impulse By Ellen Hopkins

Pages #475-637

Prompt: Select a quote from your reading that you liked. What made you pick it? How does it make you pause and think?


  The first quote I chose was, "Love means holding on to someone just as hard as you can because if you don't, one blink and they might disappear...forever.” This made me stop reading and think. This quote is really deep, because it goes against something that everyone always hears: "If love someone, let it free". I really think it makes more sense to hold on to someone than to let someone go if you love them. I think if you really love someone they are worth keeping. 

   The next quote I chose was, “My happiest memories have no place in the past; they are those I have yet to create.” This quote is also very deep, it tells something that I think is very important  It made me stop and think for while.. It tells you that even though you might have come from a rough past, you can still make things better in the future. It reminds of "Hakuna Matata" from the "Lion King". It means put your past behind you. These quotes have a great meaning. 

   The final quote I chose is, “Everyone's afraid of everybody else...maybe because we're all afraid of ourselves.” After I read this quote it kept me up all night thinking about it (I'm dead serious). I feel it is very true. We all know how we think as individuals, but sometimes our thoughts can scare us and we think other people think the same thing. So we all just go around scaring ourselves thinking on how we think other people think. (I hope I'm explaining this well enough, this is very confusing. Sorry if you don't get it.) This quote is really mind boggling.







     

2 comments:

  1. I really liked your blog! The quotes that you picked are really deep. They made me think a lot about myself. I just wanted to correct that "Hakuna Matata" from the "Lion King" actually means "no worries for the rest of your days." Besides that your blog looked fine, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lilly, these quotes are really deep and powerful from the book. Along with Jared, Hakuna Matata means no worries. They also made me deep and the first quote reminded me of "Let Her Go". Good job on the blog, I really didn't see anything wrong.

    ReplyDelete