Friday, February 6, 2015

Blog for the Week of 2/3/15


Book Talk


 


Book Talk Transcript


    My book is titled Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli and the genre is realistic fiction. It takes place in present day Mica Arizona. There are actually two main characters, they are Leo Borlock and Stargirl (her real name is Susan Caraway). Leo Borlock is an average guy. He is in the 11th grade at Mica Highschool. He also collects Porcupine ties. Stargirl is very strange. She wears homemade clothes, she has a pet rat that she takes to school, she plays her ukulele in the lunchroom. She has been home schooled until she joined Mica High. At first Stargirl inspires all the students at Mica High and they start going to game and change their hair color and everyone becomes more themselves. It all stops and everyone goes back to normal. The main conflict was that Leo and Stargirl became boyfriend and girlfriend. Then when  people went back to normal they started not liking either of them. (I would say more but I don't want to give away too much of the plot) The mood is funny at some times and sad at sometimes and happy at sometimes! One of the main themes of this book is "never judge a book by its cover". People judged Stargirl by the way she acted and the way she dressed. They didn't get to know who she really is, only Leo did. So, they didn't get to see how amazing she really was. 

     I liked this book because I think the idea of this story is really good. I also liked it because I liked the character Stargirl she was just enchanting. What I remember most about the book is how Stargirl has a happy wagon. It is basically this toy wagon and based how happy she is she puts pebbles in to show her happiness or sadness. I would recommend this book to my friends and family because it is a really good story that I think everyone would enjoy. You should go out and get this book because the theme of the story is a good thing for everyone to learn and it is really enjoyable. Thats all, Bye! :)







2 comments:

  1. I liked your Video Book Talk! You explained the book very well. I have read the book and I can see where everything comes from. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Book talk. I also read the book and I totally agree on what you are saying.

    ReplyDelete